Name of Activity: Jumping for numbers
Suitable for ages: Under 8
Resources required: Paper and a Pen
How to play:
- Write down numbers 1 – 20 on separate pieces of paper
- Place them onto the floor in a mixed up order
- Ask your child / children to start at number 1 and jump on the numbers in the correct order until they reach 20. Dependant on your child’s age lower the amount of numbers
Want to make it harder?
- Add addition, subtraction, multiplication and if possible division into your game
- Shout the equation to your child for example 5 + 5, ask your child to jump onto the numbers you have shouted and then ask them to jump on the answer which would be 10.
Salford Youth Alliance, Salford Community Leisure and the young volunteers we work with have put together a range of activities for young people to try at home during this difficult time. These activities can be done with little or no equipment.
Here is activity number Eight
See some more of the things that we are up to http://www.youthalliance.org.uk/