Today was Steve’s turn to cook today and he shown us all how to do his version of chicken or haloumi fajitas which were very tasty and everyone’s turned out really good. Well done guys!!
2 Chicken breasts OR a pack of haloumi cheese (for the non-meat option).
2 red peppers
2 red onions
1 chilli (optional) depending on your spice preference
Salad of your choice
Grated cheese (optional)
For the marinade
(if you’re not buying a premade marinade/kit)
Also you will need a frying pan, wooden spoon, sharp knife,
2 x chopping boards
(1 for the chicken, 1 for the other ingredients), a plate and a smile.
- In a bowl squeeze half of the lemon, add 4 table spoons of paprika, 1 table spoon of coriander, 1 pinch of ground cumin, 2 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped, 4 table spoons olive oil, 4 drops of tobasco sauce. then leave in a bowl aside.
- Cut 1 and half peppers and onions to your liking either small for mouthful pieces or long chunky pieces leave aside in a bowl. (leave aside the half pepper and half onion for salsa).
- Start salsa cut half pepper and half onion and 1 tomato really small add all together, add other half of lemon and pinch of salt put aside.
- Chop chicken or haloumi up and a separate board to the veg, then place chicken in the marinade and add veg and mix.
- Turn the oven on.
- Heat frying pan up when hot add mix of chicken and veg, cook till chicken white all throughout.
- place wraps in oven for 3 mins or until warm and soft.
- place wrap on plate add salsa, salad and chicken mix then optional sauces or cheese and enjoy.